Small vibrant Boston bike shop seeks a bicycle mechanic. Job would begin with part-time hours, with the possibility of adding more hours starting in April or May.
The right candidate for this position has professional bicycle repair experience, good problem-solving skills, and enjoys providing excellent customer service.
- Complete bicycle repairs and part installations in a thorough and timely manner
- Maintain a clean work area and assist in general upkeep of workshop
- Able to appropriately diagnose and communicate bike issues with customers
- Attend relevant training sessions and staff meetings
- Follow all store policies and procedures
The right candidate:
- Minimum 2 years shop mechanic experience required
- Strong on-the-go problem solving skills
- Friendly and able to work respectfully with a diverse population of customers and co-workers, including LGBTQIA+ identities
- team skills – ability to work in and contribute to a group dynamic
- Organized work habits
- Knowledge of hydraulic brake systems preferred
Notes on safety:
- Limited number of employees in shop at one time
- Employees wear masks at work
- Paid sick time provided
- Customers currently not entering store
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jack@FerrisWheelsBikeShop.com
Last updated May 12, 2020