There is no tax-free weekend in Massachusetts this year – but we don’t want you to miss out on end-of-summer savings. Ferris Wheels Bike Shop and neighboring businesses on South Street are having a sale this weekend. At the bike shop, you will find:
6-8%* Off ALL new merchandise in stock
Double your discount: 12-14%* Off ALL new tires and tubes
Double your discount: 12-14%* Off on ALL new lights and reflectors
Deeper discounts on many closeout bicycles
Plus many other special discounts this weekend only!
*8% off all new merchandise with cash/check; 6% off all new merchandise with debit/credit cards; 14% off tires, tubes, lights and reflectors with cash/check; 12% off tires, tubes, lights and reflectors with debit/credit cards. Other discounts as marked in store. All discounts apply only to in stock merchandise. One weekend only, Aug. 27-28, 2016.
Here is the news from some of our friends on South Street:
AcuPUNKture (82 South Street, Jamaica Plain) is offering 6.25% off all teas, supplements and essential oils, plus additional discounts on gift cards and future acupuncture appointments.
Forty South Street (40 South Street, Jamaica Plain) has all clothing on sale, 20% or more.
Check back for more details.
There is still time to take our free
We’re offering 2 free classes in September: one Flat Fixing Demo (Tues., Sept. 13, 7:15-8:15pm) and one Demystify Your Bike overview class (Tues., Sept. 27, 7:15-8:15pm).
Bring your friends! Bring your bike! And oh yeah, get 10% off all new parts and accessories after the class. Register here:
Our annual Used Bike Sale is this weekend, April 8-10! Don’t miss it. We are offering quality used bikes for sale. These bikes have all been tuned up in our workshop and feature a 30-day limited warranty.
Stop by this weekend to check them out or test ride a new bike from our new showroom at 68 South St.
Used Bikes 10% off or more
ALL New 2015 and older bikes 10% off or more
WITH USED BIKE PURCHASE
· 10% off parts/accessories at time of purchase (This weekend only)
· Most accessories free labor to install at time of purchase
WITH NEW BIKE PURCHASE
· 10% off parts/accessories at time of purchase
· Free labor to install on accessories at time of purchase
Blackburn panniers 25% off
With the right gear, you can keep riding in any weather. All winter gear is
15% off in February 2016
20% off as of
March 1, 2016 February 16, 2016!
25% off as of March 1, 2016
30% off at the Spring Equinox – right now!
These deals disappear on March 31, 2016.
This includes all winter gear we have in stock: shoe covers, Bar Mitts, and all winter clothing like warm hats, gloves, socks, balaclavas and more.
This sale ALSO includes studded tires and indoor trainers!
Scroll down to get an idea of what else we’ve got in the shop . . .
- gloves from Fox River (Jeffrey’s favorite gloves!)
Giro 100 Proof gloves
Bar Mitts: THE most effective way to keep hands warm on a bike
Garneau arm and leg warmers
Giro shoe covers
Cold Avenger face mask
Giro Block goggles
Giro winter hats
Don’t miss this sale!
You are welcome to visit us whenever we’re open:
Monday & Tuesday 10am-6pm
Thursday & Friday 10am-6pm
We are closed Wednesdays for the winter.
1. Gift Cards. You can’t go wrong with a gift card to your friendly local bike shop! (Hint: that’s us.)
2. Lights. Nothing says “I care about your safety” like lights and reflectors. Ferris Wheels Bike Shop carries a wide selection of lights and reflective products. Check out some of our staff picks for lights here, come into the shop to see our NEW MonkeyLight display, or take a look at Jeff Ferris’s favorite, just in: the Vis 360 helmet-mounted lighting system (helmet not included):
Why is this light awesome?
- can be seen from sides, not just front and rear
- when you lock up your bike, no need to detach lights separately – just bring your helmet with you
- durable design, water resistant, and micro USB rechargeable battery
Check out more info about the Vis 360 system on the Light & Motion company website –
or just stop by Ferris Wheels Bike Shop for an in-person demo!
3. Tools, kits and bags. For the cyclist just getting more into riding or DIY repairs, you can gift a handy all-in-one kit like the Blackburn Local Ride Kit, which includes a portable pump (you can mount it to your bicycle), a multi-tool, tire levers (for changing flats), and a bag that mounts below the seat of their bike. Throw in a patch kit and a couple tubes that fit their bike, and you’ve got your loved one’s on-the-road repair needs pretty well covered!
4. Hydration. Our shop branded water bottles are actually excellent Purist bottles.
5. Essential odds and ends. The most thoughtful gifts are what you know someone really needs, but they just keep not buying for themselves. Have you noticed that someone still hasn’t replaced those grips that were stolen 6 months ago? How about that other someone who keeps meaning to get a bell? These little odds and ends get to be fun, useful, AND thoughtful gifts.
Basically, if someone rides a bike, there is no better place to buy a gift than a bike shop!
Get the cyclist on your list whatever they want at Ferris Wheels Bike Shop. Can be used for goods OR repair service! Shop local with our stylish, handy gift cards. Purchase in the shop or order by phone: 617-524-2453For more great gift ideas, check out our gift guide by clicking here. Happy Holidays!
On Saturday, Dec. 5th, when you shop at Ferris Wheels Bike Shop, 10% of your purchases* will go to a good cause!
10% of our sales* on Dec. 5th will go to either the Italian Home for Children OR to the Boston Cyclists Union – your choice.
(If you can’t decide, we can split it, 5% to each of these important non-profits.)
Keep an eye out for other participating shops in Jamaica Plain. Each business has chosen a different local non-profit partner.
*applies only to new, non-discounted items
At Ferris Wheels Bike Shop, we carry a wide selection of lights and reflectors. Check out some of the staff favorites:
Afterburner and Aviator from Fortified Bicycle Products: these lights are bright and durable, designed to be theft-resistant. They have a lifetime warranty if you register your set. So if you want a quality set of lights you can leave on your bicycle without a care, these are a great choice. Definitely a good investment for $98.90. As staff member said: “They last forever.” (That may not be literally true but they DO have a forever guarantee.)
Cygolite Metro 400: these lights are 400 lumens of brightness. (In case you didn’t know, that is really bright.) This front light will actually light your path a fair distance ahead, so you can see where you are going in low light and you will never out-bike the distance you can see ahead of you. Great for riding in the dark on minimally lit bike paths. For the amount of power they pack, the $95.80 price tag is actually very reasonable. They also have a lifetime warranty.
Blackburn 2’Fer: these lights are reversible in that a light can be used as either a front and/or rear light. They also have 2 ways of attaching: you can mount them to your bike with a wrap-around strap or clip them to your clothes, bags, or wherever else you like to clip things. They ALSO have a lifetime warranty.
We have many more options in the shop, and we’re always happy to help you figure out what lights and reflectors are the best choice for you. Just stop by anytime we are open.
Ferris Wheels is proud to be a new dealer for Brooklyn Bicycle Company, a high quality brand of urban commuter bicycles. Brooklyn bicycles feature thoughtful design and high quality parts:
- Chromoly steel frames are light, durable, and flexible
- double-walled wheels and a careful, custom design give you more durability and a smoother ride
- aluminum and stainless steel parts, plus vegan leather grips and saddles, for the best possible weather resistance
And, most importantly: these bikes are very, very, very pretty.
Stop by anytime we’re open for a test ride!